Why Teach The Common?
Teach The Common in your classroom and receive discounted subscriptions, a free desk copy, and lesson plans.
A classroom subscription includes two issues for every student, and an in-person or Skype visit from Editor in Chief Jennifer Acker or a participating author.
Supplementary materials for teaching Issue 07 are listed below.
Listen to Editor in Chief Jennifer Acker discuss The Common, the role of place in literature, and the editorial process.
David Breslin and Marni Berger discuss the American art world, how to handle painful subjects, and finding the ideal writing space. Breslin’s essay, “Plugs: Five Thoughts on Cady Noland’s Stocks,” was published in Issue 07.
- Richie Hofmann reads “The Harbor.”
- David Livewell reads “Jumping Roofs.”
- Joseph Harrison reads “Henri Province in Wessex.”
- Valerie Duff reads “Folk Magic.”
- Julie Marie Wade reads “When I Was Straight.”
- Zeina Hashem Beck reads “Your Parents’ House.”
- Caroline Knox reads “They Had Had It In Mind.”
- Bruce Bond reads “The City.”
Contributors in Conversation
See all of Issue 7.
Teach Issue 7